MySQL is the world’s most popular open source database. Sphinx allows MySQL users to search text (and more) at scale, without choking-out their favorite database. It’s a match made in the big data heavens. So, it shouldn’t be a surprise that this year, like many years before, we’ll be heading to the Percona Live MySQL User Conference and Expo to meet, listen, and learn from the community. This blog post will describe some of our plans.
What is Percona Live 2014?
From the website: “The Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo is the premier event for the rich and diverse MySQL ecosystem. It is the place to be for the open source community as well as businesses that thrive in the MySQL marketplace. Attendees include DBAs, SysAdmins, developers, architects, CTOs, CEOs, and vendors from around the world.”
What is Sphinx doing there?
This year, Andrew Aksyonoff will be teaming up with our buddy, Vladimir Fedorkov from Blackbird (formerly, PalaminoDB), to deliver a talk about how Sphinx brings advanced fulltext search that scales to MySQL. Check out this link to learn more about the talk.
We also plan to attend the “MariaDB & MySQL Community Event 2014“. This event is hosted by the MariaDB Foundation with support from AccelerationDB. The venue is the Hilton Santa Clara hotel, a short walk from the Percona Live 2014 event. It’s a free event that will feature many interesting talks, including:
- MariaDB 10.0 GA, the new features
- Spider, storage engine with built in sharding
- Connect, storage engine that allows you to talk with the world (Oracle, PostgreSQL, files etc…)
- Galera overview and case studies
- Show case how to insert continuously 1M rows/seconds while doing concurrent reads with MariaDB and ScaleDB
- How we optimized MariaDB; True case studies from the programmers vault
- MySQL MHA and Continuent Tungsten shootout 2.0
- MariaDB multi source replication capability
- Scaling MySQL (case study)
- Using ROLES to get more security
They are still looking for more speakers, so if you want to give a talk, send an email to ‘foundation ‘at’ mariadb (dot) org’. There will also be dinner at the Taste restaurant, but because it is a free event, you gotta pay for your own food ;)
In addition to the above mentioned activities, we’ll be exploring the expo hall, attending interesting talks, and enjoying great company. As new things are added to our agenda, we’ll add them in the comments below, but.. that’s it for now.
See you there!
|« March 10, 2014. Case Study: Sphinx@Jobma||March 21, 2014. Sphinx user survey: Round 2 »|