anonymous user

Forums   Register   Login   Forgot your login/password?   Search

Strange SphinxSE behaviour with "filter="

Common forum | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | next »» | Create new thread

Hector73

Name: Hector
Posts: 62

2009-05-19 12:26:57 | reply!


I am using a query like, "pid" is an integer:
... WHERE QUERY='pizza;filter=pid,1';
The following error occurs:
"There was a problem processing the query on the foreign data source. Data source error:
searchd error: invalid or truncated request"

The following works (but is of course senseless):
... WHERE QUERY='pizza;filter=';
... WHERE QUERY='pizza;filter=foobar';

Console works (when pid is case-sensitive!)
search --filter pid 1 pizza

Sphinx: 0.9.9-rc2
MySQL: 5.1.34
System: CentOS 5.3

In sphinx.conf, the value is set:
sql_attr_uint=pid

The connection query has also a column "pid" with "integer".

The strangest thing: in version 0.9.8.1 it works.

Arantor

Name: Pete Spicer
Posts: 4444

to: Hector73, 2009-05-19 13:31:27 | reply!


> "There was a problem processing the query on the foreign data source. Data source error:
> searchd error: invalid or truncated request"

0.9.9 is stricter about syntax. I believe the query would need to be:
... WHERE QUERY='pizza;filter=pid,1;';

Note the semicolon at the end of the filter clause.

Hector73

Name: Hector
Posts: 62

to: Arantor, 2009-05-19 13:39:54 | reply!


> > "There was a problem processing the query on the foreign data source. Data source
> error: searchd error: invalid or truncated request"
>
> 0.9.9 is stricter about syntax. I believe the query would need to be:
> ... WHERE QUERY='pizza;filter=pid,1;';
>
> Note the semicolon at the end of the filter clause.

Sorry, that was my mistake, the semicolon was already there in my examples.
That didn't work either.

I have re-created the Sphinx connection querytable but this doesn't help too.

Arantor

Name: Pete Spicer
Posts: 4444

to: Hector73, 2009-05-19 13:43:46 | reply!


So it works absolutely fine in 0.9.8 but not in 0.9.9 without making any changes at all?
This seems very strange.

Hector73

Name: Hector
Posts: 62

to: Arantor, 2009-05-19 14:31:21 | reply!


> So it works absolutely fine in 0.9.8 but not in 0.9.9 without making any changes at all?
> This seems very strange.

Yes definitly, but it comes more stranger:
When I set two filters:
filter=firstid,1;
filter=secondid,2;
... the error message changed:

"There was a problem processing the query on the foreign data source. Data source error:
failed to recieve response header (searchd went away?)"

Without the "filter=", the query works fine.

Arantor

Name: Pete Spicer
Posts: 4444

to: Hector73, 2009-05-19 19:14:51 | reply!


> Without the "filter=", the query works fine.

One thing that occurred to me is that the protocol changed in 0.9.9. It might therefore
be worth recompiling the SphinxSE extension using 0.9.9 sources, which might account for
this.

Hector73

Name: Hector
Posts: 62

to: Arantor, 2009-05-20 08:41:59 | reply!


> > Without the "filter=", the query works fine.
>
> One thing that occurred to me is that the protocol changed in 0.9.9. It might therefore
> be worth recompiling the SphinxSE extension using 0.9.9 sources, which might account for
> this.

The two packets "mysql" and "sphinx" were already fresh compilated. As I made the upgrade
(from 0.9.8.1), I created these two new rpm-packets.

So that is strange the error appear with an integer value, and not with a varchar value.

huytrongpham83

Name: Trong
Posts: 50

to: Hector73, 2009-05-20 10:48:25 | reply!


I had the same issue.

MySQL 5.0.81 (patched using sphinx.5.0.37.diff in source of sphinx 0.9.9 RC2). I've also
tested on MySQL 5.1.34
Sphinx 0.9.9-RC2
Ubuntu 8.04

SphinxSE returns following error message everytime I use filter:

"There was a problem processing the query on the foreign data source. Data source error:
searchd error: invalid or truncated request"

The index is not distributed.

I've found this bug reported http://www.sphinxsearch.com/bugs/view.php?id=325

Trong

Hector73

Name: Hector
Posts: 62

to: huytrongpham83, 2009-05-20 11:41:34 | reply!


> I had the same issue.
>
> MySQL 5.0.81 (patched using sphinx.5.0.37.diff in source of sphinx 0.9.9 RC2). I've also
> tested on MySQL 5.1.34
> Sphinx 0.9.9-RC2
> Ubuntu 8.04
>
> SphinxSE returns following error message everytime I use filter:
>
> "There was a problem processing the query on the foreign data source. Data source error:
> searchd error: invalid or truncated request"
>
> The index is not distributed.
>
> I've found this bug reported http://www.sphinxsearch.com/bugs/view.php?id=325
>
> Trong

Ok, thank you. Next time I will also search in the bug reportings ;)

Common forum | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | next »» | Create new thread