anonymous user

Forums   Register   Login   Forgot your login/password?   Search

Sphinx Ql - Rt index

Common forum | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 518 | 519 | 520 | 521 | next »» | Create new thread

karthik

Name: karthik R

2012-07-24 09:14:41 | reply!

I have tried with sample example thru Sphinx Ql source code. Still i am getting "No
Data Base Selected" error. Can anyone share the sample Example? it will be very useful
for me.. Please

karthik

to: karthik, 2012-07-24 09:19:52 | reply!

I have tried with sample example thru Sphinx Ql source code. Still i am getting "No
  Data Base Selected" error. Can anyone share the sample Example? it will be very useful
  for me.. Please

using following Querys:
$option['host'] = 'localhost';
$classApi = new SphinxQL($option);
$value = $classApi->exec(" select count(DISTINCT ID) from tablename where fanme=2769457");

ERROR : No Database Selected

barryhunter

Name: Barry Hunter

to: karthik, 2012-07-24 15:13:27 | reply!

> ERROR : No Database Selected

Sphinx will never issue that error - it doesnt have the concept of databases. Just tables
(which are really indexes).

Two possible causes can think of,

1) you are not actully connnecting to sphinx, and have really connected to a mysql
server. Maybe your client libary assumes the mysql port, or even (like in the case of the
CLI client - it uses the socket if it can - and ignores the port number specificed, in
that case have to specifically tell it to use tcp and ignore the socket) - maybe your
client is doing something similar

2) Its actully an error generated by the client library, it expects you connect to a
specific database, and shows that error when you dont. Look to disable that behaviour in
the client code.

karthik

to: barryhunter, 2012-07-24 15:24:55 | reply!

Thanks for suggestion.

I have connected mysql port 9306 only . Can u tell , how to remove that checkings from my
  client libary ?

Here i have mention mysql related CLI things ,those thinngs i have get it from phpinfo();
mysql
        MySQL Support enabled
        Active Persistent Links 0
        Active Links 0
        Client API version 5.1.35
        MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE external
        MYSQL_SOCKET /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
        MYSQL_INCLUDE -I/usr/include/mysql
        MYSQL_LIBS -L/usr/lib64 -lmysqlclient_r

> > ERROR : No Database Selected
>
> Sphinx will never issue that error - it doesnt have the concept of databases. Just tables
> (which are really indexes).
>
> Two possible causes can think of,
>
> 1) you are not actully connnecting to sphinx, and have really connected to a mysql
> server. Maybe your client libary assumes the mysql port, or even (like in the case of the
> CLI client - it uses the socket if it can - and ignores the port number specificed, in
> that case have to specifically tell it to use tcp and ignore the socket) - maybe your
> client is doing something similar
>
> 2) Its actully an error generated by the client library, it expects you connect to a
> specific database, and shows that error when you dont. Look to disable that behaviour in
> the client code.
>
>

barryhunter

Name: Barry Hunter

to: karthik, 2012-07-24 15:43:25 | reply!

> Thanks for suggestion.
>
> I have connected mysql port 9306 only . Can u tell , how to remove that checkings from my
> client libary ?

Well would say no, because we dont know what client library you using!

But then found you have posted on SO too
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11627033/sphinxql-rt-index-error

So it appears to be using the basic mysql client
http://www.php.net/manual/en/intro.mysql.php

I think there is logic error on line 34. Its using 'extract' incorrectly. It trying to
extract the 'connection' member of the db_config array - there is no such member. host
and port are just direct members of the array. Extract should be working directly on the
array.

There are other errors in the code too. line 21 is wrong. IN fact the whole __Config
function seems odd, but should work if line 21 is fixed.

And of course the last three functions in the code are completely bogus. They wont work -
they seems to be copied over as is from the sphinxapi code, but will be completely non
functional.

... if you fix the code, it should then actully try connecting to sphinx, rather than
just using the default - which appears to be mysql in your case.

>
> Here i have mention mysql related CLI things ,those thinngs i have get it from phpinfo();

CLI is "Command Line Interface" - so refering to the actual mysql client binary, you run
on the command line (proabbly via SSH if you not sitting at the machine)

If you can try

$ mysql -P9306 --protocol TCP

to see if you definitly connect to sphinx - the version string should give it away

Common forum | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 518 | 519 | 520 | 521 | next »» | Create new thread